Hi, I’m CrafterElena and I’d like to share with you some boho ideas for your home, that could add a splash of colour and coziness in your space. I’m forever fallen in love with spaces and bohemian decor. On my travels I gather loads of beautiful pieces that can make a room special. They can be part of a beautiful space composition.
Here I’ve got a few boho ideas for your home . I’m suggesting a few home accessories that I collected from Thailand, India and Morocco.
Let’s dive in!
Add some colour to your walls:
I’d suggest in your space is to decide on a feature wall and a colour that you’d like to concentrate on and add it on a wall. Maybe a visit to the paint store would help. In my space I decided to go with the teal. I like the teal colour because it’s very calming. I almost feel like I’m in nature every day. Same with all the green/blue tones.
I’ve made a little colour pallet here of colours that could match your space. These colours are very calming and vibrant at the same time. They make every space become warm and lively at the same time. It’s almost like a touch from the aquatic tropics.
Find all these colours at one of Valspar’s stations, or check their website for more options before you get there. A great thing with them is that they can mix any colour you’d like. If you decide to go with one of these, starting from the top left we have:
- Cool Tide X84R155F: A beautiful and calming tone, very light
- Sparkling Topaz R230C: it brightens up my day 🙂
- Snorkeling Trip X95R179C: Things start to go darker but it’s still bright
- Fish Tale X95R179A: Vibrant and cozy
- Posidon’s Castle X95R179B: That’s the one I have at home and I’m a happy lady
- Deep Sea Dive: X81R165A: The depth of this colour is absolutely stunning. It has a dark tone but makes a beautiful contrast with lighter white tones
These colours invite you to travel whilst at home, they give you the feeling of the calm cool ocean . Why keep the walls magnolia :-/ at the end of the day if you can add tones like these..?
So if you made your wall in one of those colours, I find that the rustic white paint on furniture goes incredibly well as it contrasts with the teal in the background and the white at the front.
Mandala Room Devider:
The room divider and mirror are from Thailand, both from the same maker. Cel is an incredible artist I met on my travels. She hand-carved all these beauties.
The mandala room divider is a beautiful addition to the hippie home! This bohemian room divider is a centre piece. It has a beautiful flower mandala carved on its five sheets. Use the room divider to partition a room by sectioning it with this piece. Use it as a bed headboard. I used it against my teal wall to show the pattern petter and hide the door of my storage room. It definitely adds the bohemian touch to the room.
Wood Carved Mirror:
The mirror follows with the same style of traditional Thai carvings and it matches perfectly with the room divider. The Thai style carved mirror in white is a great wall feature and the contrast with the teal is omg!
So now, since we chose our colours we can move on to the accessories. Because what home is it, if it doesn’t have the necessary accessories to make it nice and cozy?
In the picture below I’ve put together a selection of my findings from Thailand, India and Morocco to get a feel of how your house could be, or what home accessories could match really well together.
The accessories go towards the natural materials of teak wood and coconut. Imagine that you have one coloured feature wall and the others are off tones of white or any other lighter combinations you’d like to add to your space. This home accessories will make a beautiful contrast.
- Swing Chair: This lovely swing chair is handmade from India. It’s a beautiful piece that every home should have. Suspend it from a wooden beam or screw a hook in a concrete beam. Just imagine your self chilling on it day-dreaming reading a book.. Bliss!
- Coconut Plant Hanger: Coconut is an amazing material to have in your space. In this plant hanger you can add plenty of different plants, especially succulents. Make your room feeling like a jungle!
- Coconut Lantern: Ok by now I think you understand how much I love coconuts 🙂 This lamp creates a beautiful ambience in a space. The patterns drilled on it is what lets the light come out.
- Teak Wood Wine Bottle Holder: Which house doesn’t need this organic shaped bottle holder?
- Tiled Mirror: Teak wood mirror to match your rustic style home.
- Bamboo Incense Stick Holder: Smells activate different parts of your brain, others calming, others ..
- Coconut Candle Holders: Create a beautiful atmosphere with these candle holders.
- Coconut Soap Dish: Add the coconut soap dish next to your bath or sink.Stay organic with your soap on it.
- Palm Wood Ash Trey: For those who have smoking habits, you can still stay organic with this ash tray made out of teak wood.
- Sheep Wool Pillow: A beautiful selection of colours in pillows from Morocco made out of sheep wool. The colour you will use on these will depend on where exactly you are featuring your pillows, what colour is the sofa, the throw if you are using one and the wall behind. If the colours behind it are too bright you can go for the white or grey option too which is more neutral.
- Moroccan Runner Kilim: Use it as a runner in a corridor but as a wall hanging too. The neutral colours make the runner so versatile. Add this kilim in farm house, a rustic style house, a bohemian house or hippie. The patterns on it go with all of this home decor styles.
- Ethnic Boho Pouf: This is a great addition to any seating area. it’s great for chilling, playing games or reading a book.
- Plant Pot: Perfect for a table top decor, next to a window, add your favourite plant in our teak wood plant pot from Thailand and match it with the tiled mirror.
Helping the environment:
All the accessories I recommended above are handmade from natural materials. By using them, there is no harm to our lovely environment, that has suffered so much through the years, especially from plastic. It’s good to use natural materials than processed. They desolve much faster back to where they came from.
I hope you found this boho ideas for home useful. And remember that you can always check my home decor section on the craft shop to find even more boho home decor and accessories to style your home.
And according to William Morris:
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.